it's warm, wakey wakey you lot

assemble shiny bike, test ride up to yaiza for café solo, shops, bask, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

• Options
    pinnopinno Posts: 50,651
    [stretches, yawns]

Morning flibustiers de carnaval

Bright again, May only be temporary.
    Wimbledon RSPCA sent Beans cat wormer. I did the dreaded deed and now he is off somewhere in protest.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Options
    thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,978
    'ning

Supposed to be warm (for November) and sunny here but it's still raining.
  • Options
    Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 56,967
    Going out riding later with a mate looks cool, dry and breezy so should be OK. Coffee and chilling for now. Mrs. 666 seems to be in a random bad mood so am steering clear as far as possible.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Options
    sungodsungod Posts: 16,096
    balmy 27 at 930, currently at cafe dos for the brekkie special of juice coffee and jamon y queso toastie
  • Options
    oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,748
    Morning from a sunny south derbyshire. Family stuff to do and more driving practice for young oxo. Leaving OH to deal with mutt and his dodgy stomach. 🤭 Check commute bike out and go for a ride out this afternoon.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Options
    sungod said:

...jamon y queso toastie

Well, you can't get that sort of nosh in blighty.

• Options
    sungod said:

balmy 27 at 930, currently at cafe dos for the brekkie special of juice coffee and jamon y queso toastie

McDon Quixote's?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Options
    Turned out a nice day, did local markets (cr@p junk mainly), lunch out, and a long walk in the sunshine to finish.

Very glad this week is over. Could have easily lost Mr WS on Monday, was feeling a bit rubbish after some hard work in the yard. Coin toss about seeking help, decided we should. Ambulance. Hospitals. Emergency angiogram and stent done, to avert the almost inevitable heart attack that had already started...

He's "fixed", home and fine.

And.... breathe.

• Options
    sungodsungod Posts: 16,096

Turned out a nice day, did local markets (cr@p junk mainly), lunch out, and a long walk in the sunshine to finish.

Very glad this week is over. Could have easily lost Mr WS on Monday, was feeling a bit rubbish after some hard work in the yard. Coin toss about seeking help, decided we should. Ambulance. Hospitals. Emergency angiogram and stent done, to avert the almost inevitable heart attack that had already started...

And.... breathe.

that was a close shave, glad he's ok
  • Options

And.... breathe.

Phew. Good decision in the end.
  • Options
    photonic69photonic69 Posts: 2,233
    Morning. Fab day here. Wife away at friends. Nice lie-in this morning. Was going to go for a ride but woke up with a bad back? How? No idea. Had super lazy day yesterday. No DIY. No car maintenance. Just shopping a coffee with a mate.. Bloody backs!
  • Options
    orraloonorraloon Posts: 12,349
    Best wishes for Mr WS.

Sunny dry day. So what am I doing? Up in the loft fitting more top up insulation rolls.
  • Options
    oxomanoxoman Posts: 11,748
    @Wheelspinner glad you sought help and all sorted. Take care.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Options
    Hungover Sunday (not me), doing a bit of work for Mrs HD, may well hit the couch later
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Options
    veronese68veronese68 Posts: 26,956 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Slowish start was had followed by lots of jobs. Managed to blow the electric plane and trip the electric to the garage whilst trying to sort the back gate. It was pretty old and knackered, the green smoke coming out of it was impressive. Resorted to hand tools and the gate shuts now. Decorating of the lad's former room continues.
    Glad you sought help in time and had a good day today WS.
    Better go and get a layer of paint on the walls.
  • Options
    webboowebboo Posts: 6,088
    Evening
    Earlyish start as I had to go for my Covid booster. Then chilled out for a bit hoping the roads might dry up a bit. A bike ride confirmed that they hadn’t, water and sh!t everywhere.
    Just about to have my first glass of wine as dinner is now in the oven.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Jeez, glad he's on the mend. I would have just been told to stop whinging.

Next door neighbours here are still MIA. I've still got their washing which I'd rescued before the storms arrived.
  • Options
    Popped down to see that tlw bloke this afternoonbut he was also MIA. Probably in a pub somewhere.
  • Options
    seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 10,984
    thistle_ said:

Popped down to see that tlw bloke this afternoonbut he was also MIA. Probably in a pub somewhere.

Thought I recognised those trees.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Options
    beansnikpohbeansnikpoh Posts: 1,396

And.... breathe.

Thank fcuk the "coin" landed where it did. All the best to Mr WS and you.
  • Options
    beansnikpohbeansnikpoh Posts: 1,396
    2 hours cleaning this morning. Got the tree down from the loft as I don't think I'll be back down there before Xmas.

Reasonable run back to London. I chose motorway rather than stonehenge, which I think was wise.

Listening to fireworks go bang.
  • Options
    Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 56,967

And.... breathe.

Blimey, lucky you checked WS. Better safe than sorry seems to be the motto when it comes to medical stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Options
    orraloonorraloon Posts: 12,349
    Been aurora and STEVE (no not that one) viewing this evening, spectacular stuff. Happy happy. 😊

• Options
    Thank you all. Yes, made a good choice. The deciding factor was that we are a fair way from the nearest assistance, and it was already late in the day and any after hours services are even less reliable than regular doctor. I was surprised it took only 40 minutes for an ambulance to arrive, and spent half that on phone with the operator getting instructions about what to do and look for.

Even at first hospital, the assessment suggested perhaps no intervention required, beyond high BP. There was a minor uptick in the first test for troponin, so stayed in for observation a bit longer. Second test that had risen fractionally again, and an anomaly was noticed in ECG that was a concern. Cardiologist on call got a look at the trace files and advised immediate op. Cue another ambulance, sirens and all, to transfer to second hospital which had a team available to do it at 11 pm Monday night.

The care was excellent, thankfully. Had he been discharged initially and sent home, the odds are the outcome would have been very much worse.

For once, the Universe was on our side. 😀